This Permaculture Convergence is a unique opportunity to meet, whether novice or expert, people interested in permaculture, alternative economy, green building, local resilience… and all these solutions using nature as a source of inspiration. It is a chance to meet people who are very experienced, and happy to share their knowledge, and learn more from you. This is an opportunity to join a community of people passionate about creating ecosystems that value life.
A program for all levels, all ages and all tastes. The program is fully bilingual. It includes:
- Site visits (Friday)
- Practical workshops
- Sharing experiences
Author of Perennial Vegetables, co-author of Paradise Lot & Edible Forest Gardens
Redesigning Civilization with Non-Destructively Harvested Perennial Industrial Crops
Speaker, trainer, biologist, and landscape design teacher
Orchard transformation to a perrennial polyculture system
Land planner, site developer, author and consultant
Regenerative Resilience: 10 years in a cold climate site
Co-author of Toolbox for Sustainable City Living, and the primary teacher of Regenerative Urban Sustainability Training
Your City is an Ecosystem – Tools for Urban Regeneration and Resilience
Co-author of Coppice Agroforestry: Perennial Silviculture. Permaculture and keyline educator and designer
Establishing Coppice Woodlands
International Permaculture teacher
Human applied Permaculture: Finding balance
Agronomist, and mushroom cultivation geek
Polyculture principles to value our waste and create synergies
Using Permaculture, Compassionate Communication, Reiki, body and Earth awareness
Prosperity by design: Creating real wealth using permaculture (co-host with Sébastien Bacharach)
Co-founder of Transition Perth, Permaculture teacher, and web designer
Prosperity by design: Creating real wealth using permaculture (co-host with Bonita Ford)
Permaculture designer, and teacher at Design Permaculture P3
Earthship builder, and evangelist
Earthship, a permaculture home
Nonviolent Communication Certified Trainer and Assessor
Permaculture for people
|Lisa M Fernandes
Permaculture designer, and teacher. She is director of The Resilience Hub
Our Shared Story
Ecological systems designer, and Permaculture teacher
Introduction to cold climate food forest design
Crudessence co-founder, Raw food Chef, Yoga & Meditation Teacher
Introduction to Geobiology and electroculture
Talks and Workshops
Like main conferences, workshops are for all levels, all ages, all tastes, and fully bilingual (live translation included).
|Liza Charbel and Joey el Khoury
(R)evolution: from corporate executives to permaculture activists.
Gardens without borders
Permaculture Coaching For Life
|Claudia Eve Joseph
Building Public Models
Video and talk about The Community Garden Project 2012
The Medicine Around You
The Healing Center
Building Urban Resilience through Permaculture and Transition
Legal and Economic bedrock of Bioregionalism
Intro to permaculture
Vermont Wilderness School
|Elyssa Serrilli & Eddie Goldstein
Non-violent communication and social permaculture
|Michelle Decary & Kory Goldberg
Property/community`s transformation from monoculture to permaculture
The Great Turn & Biochar
Permaculture and open source : the edge effect
The permaculturist tenant
Permaculture and Biodynamic: what possible dialogues?
Importance of soil biology, biologicial analyses – methods
The regenerative agriculture in Quebec (portrait and orientations)
Presentation of edible perannial plants that can grow in Quebec
From the tree to eco-construction – The Coop de l’arbre
Coop de l’arbre
The Living Soil & Compost Tea
The Story of Permaculture in Québec
Kootenay Permaculture Institute
Forest Tour: Ecology principles, edible plants and botanical curiosities
Garden and forest mushrooms cultivation
|Ron St. Louis
Discussion around the fire at night : Our Shared Story
An initiative of Lisa Fernandes. Various individuals will be part of this circle.
A meeting of the Board and Action Circles of the Permaculture Institute of the Northeast to conduct PINE business and to hear from the community that it serves.
Rencontre Permaculture Québec
Meeting with the goal of evaluating the objectives and need of the permaculture community of Québec.
Kids activities (5 years +)
- Shelter buildings
- Seed balls workshop
- LandArt activities: Mandala in groups – birch postcard
Site visits (Friday)
As a bonus to the Convergence, there are 9 sites available to visit Friday morning (10 am – noon), or afternoon (1:30 pm – 3:30 pm). You’ll be able to participate to 1 visit during the morning, and 1 during the afternoon.
- Annie & Marius: Round straw bale house using rammed earth
- 3 Acres: Honey based production, and rammed hemp ecoconstruction
- Jardins de la Grelinette: Bio-intensive CSA producing for 200 families on 1.5 acres.
- Les Jardins de Tessa: The largest organic CSA farm in Frelighsburg
- L’Empreinte Verte: Organic CSA with a focus on garlic, and heirloom tomatoes
- Clos Saragnat: Award-winning organic ice and straw wine vineyard
- The red tent: women’s circle
- La Serpe d’Or: Herbalist Vincent de Ronde will offer a guided tour of his site
- École St François d’Assise: A primary school where each child adopts a tree from its permaculture inspired arboretum, and garden.
- Au Petit Boisé: an alternative collective living group who have transformed an abandoned Christmas tree plantation into a biologically diverse CSA providing food for 20 families, a local market, and yoga centres.
All sites are less than 25 minutes from the Convergence site. You will be able to book your choice of tours after we received your payment.
The theme of this year is the Cultural Edge Effect, to emphasize that this is the first time in the history of the North-East Convergence that it will be held in Québec, and thereby in Canada. The border between the United States and Canada, pass through natural, human and cultural ecosystems, sharing many commonalities, and at the same time rich of differences. From this convergence will arise something magical! …
- Friday : Friday is dedicated to inspiring visits in the surrounding sites. The Frelighsburg area is extremely interesting. All visited sites are within a 15 minutes drive. Friday night is the official opening of convergence.
- Saturday AM : Conference theme – speakers grouped around a common theme. Major conferences.
- PM Saturday Practical activities: workshops, sharing of knowledge, design exercises, etc..
- Sunday AM : Conference theme – speakers grouped around a common theme. Major conferences
- Sunday PM : Closing circle.